The information in this article can help you when:
A Nintendo Switch system will not power on.
The LCD screen is blank (in handheld or tabletop mode), but sound may still be heard from the console speakers.
After placing the system in sleep mode, it will not wake up when the POWER or HOME Buttons are pressed.
Nintendo Switch systems do not have a power light.
While the Nintendo Switch console is placed in the dock, the LCD screen will automatically shut off as the software application will be displayed on the TV screen.
The Nintendo Switch dock is not compatible with Nintendo Switch Lite.
What to do
Reset the AC adapter by leaving it unplugged from both ends for at least 30 seconds. While you wait, do the following substeps:
a) Perform a hard reset on the console by holding down the POWER Button for twenty seconds, then press the POWER Button once for the console to turn on.
b) Verify you are using the Nintendo Switch AC adapter (model No. HAC-002). If a different charger is being used, replacing it with the correct accessory may resolve the problem.
c) Check the AC adapter for any cuts, kinks, frayed cables, etc. If any damage is found, the AC adapter will need to be replaced.
d) Check for any visible damage to the USB-C connector at the bottom of the Nintendo Switch console. If any damage is found, the Nintendo Switch console will need to be repaired.
Connect the AC adapter to the console and directly to a wall outlet and refer to the steps below.
What is displayed on the LCD screen?
The Battery Charge Indicator is Present on a Blank Screen
Important: If the battery charge on the console is nearly depleted when the AC adapter is first plugged in, the screen will remain off and a charging indicator will be momentarily displayed on the top left corner of the LCD screen.
1. Allow the console to charge for at least 15 to 30 minutes, then press the POWER Button to boot it up.
2. Once booted up, ensure the console has the latest system update installed.
3. If the issue is not resolved using the troubleshooting steps above, the Nintendo Switch console will need to be retuned for inspection. For testing purposes, be sure to include the AC adapter. Please contact us for additional support.
The Screen Remains Blank (No Charging Indicator is Displayed)
1. If the screen remains blank (without a charging indicator), try using a second Nintendo Switch AC adapter.
If the issue is resolved using a second AC adapter, the original one will need to be replaced. For assistance with the AC adapter, please contact us for additional support.
2. If the issue is not resolved using the troubleshooting steps above, the Nintendo Switch console will need to be retuned for inspection. For testing purposes, be sure to include the AC adapter. Please contact us for additional support.