While transferring Pokémon from the smart device app Pokémon GO to the games Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! or Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! on Nintendo Switch, if the connection is interrupted, the app may not be able to resume transfer. However, users will be able to continue to play the game once they exit the transfer screen.
- If the Pokémon GO app gets disconnected while transferring Pokémon to Nintendo Switch, there is a chance that the resume transfer function would no longer work.
- It is also possible that the Pokémon GO app in which this issue occurred will no longer connect to any supported games on Nintendo Switch.
- To prevent this issue from occurring, ensure that you have a stable connection between the smart device and the Nintendo Switch game when transferring Pokémon.
What to Do:
Uninstall the Pokémon GO app from your smart device and then reinstall it. Note: The Pokémon may become lost and cannot be recovered, as uninstalling and reinstalling the app would cause the transfer process to be stuck in limbo.
While transferring Pokémon between Pokémon GO and a supported game on Nintendo Switch, avoid actions that may interrupt the connection between the two, such as:
- Pressing the HOME Button or the POWER Button on the console.
- Pausing the app, pressing the HOME button, or turning off Bluetooth settings on the smart device.
- Having too much distance between the Nintendo Switch console and the smart device.
Situation Not Resolved:
Please contact Niantic, the app’s developer.