- You have an active Nintendo Switch Online membership, but a game is prompting you to purchase a membership when you try to use an online feature.
- You return to a game directly after purchasing a Nintendo Switch Online membership, but the game still prompts you to purchase a membership to use the online features.
Complete These Steps:
- Power the Nintendo Switch down completely. (Putting the system into Sleep Mode isn't sufficient - you will need to completely shut down and restart the system.)
- Turn the system back on and launch the game from the HOME Menu.
- When prompted to choose an account, select a Nintendo Account with an active Nintendo Switch Online membership.
- If you’re not sure if your account has an active membership, you can check your current membership status.
Try accessing the online feature again. The game should now recognize your active membership and allow you to proceed.