Calling all budding fashionistas! Take the world of style by storm!
Become a stylist to the music megastars of tomorrow in Nintendo Presents: New Style Boutique 3 – Styling Star, out now on Nintendo 3DS
Includes more than 20,000 items, a new storyline featuring aspiring popstars and the return of menswear, with a free demo version available now
Updated: 4th December, 2017
19th October, 2017 – Calling all budding fashionistas! This is your chance to take the world of style by storm, as Nintendo presents: New Style Boutique 3 – Styling Star has strutted onto Nintendo 3DS family systems in Australia and New Zealand. Become the manager of a downtown fashion boutique, and combine business smarts with fashion savvy to turn your shop into a thriving hub of chic. This time you’ll also become a stylist to the stars, as three aspiring pop singers will be relying on you to provide fashion guidance to help them break through into the big time. Eager style gurus can check out the free demo version of the game that is available to download on Nintendo eShop now.
Nintendo presents: New Style Boutique 3 – Styling Star is the fourth instalment in the fashion simulation series. As the story begins, the player will take over as the manager of her uncle’s fashion boutique, located in the heart of a city full of potential clients, each hoping to find that perfect outfit. Each client is an individual with his or her own personality and taste, and when they visit the shop it’s up to the player to listen to the clients’ requests and choose the most suitable clothes or accessories to match their needs. With over 20,000 items, many of which are brand-new for this entry in the series, the creative outfit combinations are almost endless, and players will be able to let their inner styling star shine bright as they pick out perfect look after perfect look.
As the player’s style success story progresses, they will be approached by the talent agency Nin10 Productions, who need a stylist for their up-and-coming popstars. This game-changing event opens the door to the pop music world, and the chance to become a celebrity stylist. Players will help guide the three young singers on their road to stardom, designing outfits for them and assisting as they find their own identities. Eventually, the singers will perform on stage in outfits chosen by the player, and even adapt their musical styles to the fashion choices made for them. For example, choosing rock-themed clothing for a singer will lead her music in a rockier and edgier direction. There are 15 original pop songs included, in a range of styles, all specially written and recorded for the game. You can already check out one of the songs in the Nintendo presents: New Style Boutique 3 – Styling Star – Welcome to the new stage! trailer above.
In addition to the huge number of in-game items with which to style customers, players can also use compatible amiibo during gameplay* to add even more options. All currently available amiibo are compatible with Nintendo presents: New Style Boutique 3 – Styling Star. Some amiibo, including Animal Crossing, Splatoon and Kirby series amiibo, will unlock special character-themed design elements and emblems. Other amiibo will unlock Nintendo-themed design elements and emblems.
In addition to the fun shop management gameplay of previous titles, this entry contains a variety of exciting features, including:
- Menswear is back! Fashion is for everyone, and the men in town need a stylist too! Menswear returns as a fully-fledged feature in this game, with its own boutique. By helping out there, players can increase their influence around town and trigger menswear-specific story events.
- The Design Centre in-game app allow players to design their own clothes and outfits, and share them with each other online.** Another in-game app, Shopdo, lets players upload their lovingly-designed boutique interiors, and even sell outfits to one another for in-game currency.***
- New accessory types such as headphones, bangles and wristwatches give even more scope for creativity and customisation.
- Fashion’s not only about the clothes, and in the Beautician’s and Hair Salon players can put their makeup skills and hair-styling skills to work to add that extra something special to any look. The beautician’s salon now also includes nail styling – a brand new feature for this title, with a huge number of nail polish colours and designs to try out.
- The You Diva feature lets players relive the magic of the game’s music performances, and even customise them by changing the character performing and their outfit. Any of the more than 400 female characters encountered during the game, including the player’s own character, can shine like a star on stage.
A free-to-download demo version which introduces some of the game’s key characters and gives players a taste of what it’s like to run their very own fashion boutique is available on Nintendo eShop now.***
After the game’s release there will also be outfit ideas and plenty of other activity on the New Style Boutique Instagram and Facebook pages, where fans can share their designs with each other by tagging pictures with #StyleBoutique. All aspiring stylists should be sure to check it out!
Have you got what it takes to thrive in the world of fashion and become a stylist to the stars?
Find out in Nintendo presents: New Style Boutique 3 – Styling Star – out now on Nintendo 3DS!
*Those with a New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL or New Nintendo 2DS XL can tap the amiibo card directly to their system, whereas those with a Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL or Nintendo 2DS can use the Nintendo 3DS NFC Reader/Writer accessory (sold separately).
**Wireless internet connection required.
***Wireless internet connection required. The registration of Nintendo Network ID and acceptance of the network related terms and privacy policies is required.