How to buy Wii U games from the Nintendo eShop
As well as featuring software you won't find in retail stores, Nintendo eShop on Wii U also offers download versions of select packaged software. Here's how you can buy our games:
Wii U Basic Pack: Depending on the size of the game, an additional storage device may be required for download.
Our biggest games are available at your local store in the traditional packaged manner.
Nintendo eShop download
You can download many of our top titles directly from Nintendo eShop, with the selection growing all the time.
What is a download version?
Users will be able to enjoy the same game content as found in the packaged game by downloading it from Nintendo eShop. The downloaded game will be saved to your Wii U console's internal flash memory or USB storage device (sold separately) so if you download multiple games, you can play them at any time without needing to change Wii U discs.
Your Wii U console must be connected to the Internet to download games.
The downloaded game can only be played on the console it is downloaded to.
Due to the large data size of these games, it may take some time for the game to download.
Please be aware that the game won't download if there isn't enough available space in your Wii U internal flash memory.
Why get a download version?
The game content is the same as the packaged version, but you can download the title right away on release day!
You can store multiple games on your Wii U console, meaning you can switch between games without having to change Wii U discs.
Purchase the game directly from Nintendo eShop
You can purchase the download version of the game directly from Nintendo eShop. Here's our handy guide to buying games from Nintendo eShop.
1) Find the software you want by using the search function or simply browsing the shop. When you find a title you like, just select "Purchase" and proceed using the on-screen prompts.
2) If you don’t already have funds, you can "Add Funds" at this stage or choose to "Pay Remainder by Credit Card".
(You can also add funds at any time by tapping on the "Balance" icon on the Nintendo eShop main page and then either "Add funds using a Nintendo eShop Card" or "Add funds using a credit card".)
3) You can add funds in two ways: either with a Nintendo eShop Card (which are available from selected retailers) or with a credit card.
4) If you have a Nintendo eShop Card, first read all of the information and then enter the 16-digit activation number found on the back of the card by scratching off the silver panel. Nintendo eShop Cards are available from selected retailers in denominations of AU$15 and AU$30
5) If you choose to pay by credit card, you can use either MasterCard or VISA to add funds. First, select an amount to add and then follow the instructions. Afterwards you’ll get a receipt of your purchase.
6) Now, you’re ready to download! Follow the on-screen instructions to download your software. You can check the progress at any time by pressing the HOME Button and then tapping "Download Management".