Nintendo DSi Support
- When will all Nintendo DSi Shop services (including the ability to re-download) be terminated?
The Nintendo DSi Shop will close in 2017. You can still add Nintendo DSi Points until September 30 2016 and purchase content in the Nintendo DSi Shop until March 31 2017. Please be aware that the ability to re-download Nintendo DSiWare content will stop at some point. More details will be available soon.
- Why is the Nintendo DSi Shop closing?
Now that customers have shifted to the Nintendo 3DS family of systems and Nintendo eShop, we plan to focus our efforts in those areas. As such, the Nintendo DSi Shop will close in 2017 after eight years of operation. We sincerely thank our loyal customers for supporting the Nintendo DSi Shop on both Nintendo DSi and Nintendo DSi XL systems. Note that most Nintendo DSiWare will continue to be sold in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS family systems.
- Can I transfer Nintendo DSiWare to a Nintendo 3DS family system?
To learn how to transfer your Nintendo DSi Shop content to a Nintendo 3DS family system, click here. Please be aware that the ability to transfer will stop at the end of 2017.
- Can I still re-download Nintendo DSiWare that I've purchased?
For now, you can continue to re-download purchased Nintendo DSiWare, but please be aware that this ability will stop at some point. More details will be available soon.
If you transfer your content to a newer system in the Nintendo 3DS family, you can continue to access and re-download it there as well. To learn more, click here
- Can I still play the Nintendo DSiWare I've purchased?
You may continue to play the software you have downloaded as long as you do not delete your Nintendo DSi Shop Account.
You can also transfer your Nintendo DSi content to a Nintendo 3DS family system and continue playing it there. To learn more, click here
- Will I still be able to purchase Nintendo DSiWare?
You can continue to purchase Nintendo DSiWare through the Nintendo DSi Shop until March 31 2017. Some Nintendo DSiWare is also available to purchase through the Nintendo eShop available on Nintendo 3DS family systems.
- Can I use my Nintendo DSi points to fund my Nintendo eShop account?
Not at this time.
- I still have an unused Nintendo Points Card. Can I still redeem it?
For now, it is still possible to redeem Nintendo Points Cards in the Nintendo DSi Shop until that functionality ends on September 30 2016. You may also redeem them in the Wii Shop on either a Wii or Wii U console (in Wii mode).
- Can I get my unused Nintendo DSi points refunded?
For now you can continue to purchase and redeem Nintendo DSi points in the Nintendo DSi Shop as normal, but you may want to spend any unused Nintendo DSi points before the purchase function in Nintendo DSi Shop is closed on March 31 2017.More details will be announced in the near future.
- What do I do with the Nintendo DSi points I haven’t spent?
You may want to use any remaining Nintendo DSi points you might have before the purchase function in Nintendo DSi Shop is closed on March 31 2017.