Error Codes Support
Select a topic below
- 54000 - 54099
The Nintendo 3DS is unable to connect to an Access Point. What to do will depend on where you are connecting from:
Connecting from a wireless home network:
• Make sure that the Nintendo 3DS system is within 10 meters of the wireless access point and facing in its general direction.
• Make sure that any other interfering devices, such as microwaves and cordless phones, are turned off.
• Please change your router's channel setting to 1 or 11. By default, most routers broadcast on channel 6, which overlaps with other channels and may be weaker. For help doing this, click here and select your router brand and model (if available). The information you need is found in the "Broadcast Channel" area.
Wireless Routers - Default Settings: Click Here
Connecting from a Hotspot
• Ensure the Hotspot location does not require an internet browser to setup an account, accept a use agreement, or enter a password before accessing their Wi-Fi service. If the location requires any of these items, you will not be able to connect to the internet with your Nintendo 3DS system.
• Make sure that the Nintendo 3DS system is within 10 meters of the wireless access point and facing in its general direction. Signal strength can vary, depending on where the access point's signal is coming from. (Please do not sit or stand in places that will interfere with the location's customers or staff.)
• Orient the Nintendo 3DS so that your body or other objects (such as walls, plants, furniture, and other people) are not blocking the signal. Also, make sure there is no interference from wireless phones (mobile phones are okay).
• If the connection continues to fail, this Hotspot may have their router set up in a manner that is not compatible with the system. We recommend trying a different location.