When a monster strikes, the fearful hide, but the brave? They ride
Venture into monster nests to collect eggs and hatch a wide array of species with uniquely powerful skills. Form teams, battle alongside them, crush opponents with combo attacks, and ride into the sunset a champion. Need more muscle? Then mix and match genes to up your monster’s stats and unlock different skills!
When a monster infected by the Black Blight attacks your remote village of riders, tragedy will thrust you into an exciting yet dangerous world. Here, you must bond with monsters, or ‘monsties’ (your monster besties) on your adventure.
As the story snakes along, you’ll encounter a wealth of side quests and hours of challenging turn-based battles where you must coordinate monster skills, rider skills and enemy attack patterns. The rock-paper-scissors combat system is a series first, a breath of fresh air for veterans and newcomers alike. It’s the perfect entry point into the popular Monster Hunter universe and a game unlike anything else in the series! You can even battle other players* online, locally, or via the StreetPass feature!
Free demo** available now
Jump into the game with a free demo**. You’ll even be able to transfer your save data to the full game if you decide to buy it!
- Explore a vast world filled with uniquely skilled monsters to hatch, ride, and fight beside.
- Form a team of monsters and execute powerful combo attacks.
- Every monster’s genes contain a unique set of skills and attributes. Channel genes from one to another to customize your own monster!
- Gather and harvest materials around the map and through battles to forge epic armour and cool weapons!
- Take on side quests and challenging battles that add hours of gameplay.
- Experience turn-based battles for the first time in Monster Hunter series history!
- Tap compatible amiibo accessories for bonus items such as Ancient Potions, Dust of Life, and other high-grade materials helpful to your quest.
*Online play requires a broadband internet connection. Additional games and systems required for multiplayer mode. Sold separately.
**Wireless internet connection required. The registration of Nintendo Network ID and acceptance of the network related terms and privacy policies required.