Please be aware there is an appraisal charge for all repairs except those covered by the product's warranty or by a consumer guarantee
Please See: Warranty / Appraisal Charge for more information.
Nintendo Australia provides a genuine warranty for its products. This warrants the product to be free from any manufacturing fault or defect in materials and/or workmanship as specified for each product.
Our warranties come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. Full details of your consumer rights may be found at www.consumerlaw.gov.au. Please see below for the updated warranty specific to your product.
- Nintendo 3DS Warranty
- Nintendo 3DS Software Warranty
- Nintendo 3DS Accessory Warranty
- Nintendo 3DS XL Warranty
- Nintendo DS Lite Warranty
- Nintendo DSi Warranty
- Nintendo DSi XL Warranty
- Nintendo DS Software Warranty
- Nintendo DS Accessory Warranty
Points on Warranty
Following an assessment/service of the product by a qualified Nintendo technician, if a manufacturing fault or defect exists and the product's warranty is valid, Nintendo Australia will repair or replace the product (at its option) at no charge.
The repair charge repair will be determined by a qualified Nintendo technician.
If this quote is rejected the Appraisal Charge will apply for the return of the product. Alternatively, the product may be disposed of by Nintendo Australia at no cost to you.
If the product has been checked by our full diagnostic test procedure and the product is free from any manufacturing fault, the Appraisal Charge applies.
If the product received was not distributed by Nintendo Australia, the Appraisal Charge applies to cover the handling, administration and freight costs.
The Appraisal Charge covers costs for labour, administration, handling and return freight (where applicable).
- Please refer to the product warranty card/information for each product.
- Please read the product's instruction booklet and consumer information booklet for further information about care/use and troubleshooting.
- Please ensure that the product is distributed by Nintendo Australia before sending.
Forwarding Repairs to Nintendo
All Nintendo products are to be returned to the Service Department at Nintendo Australia Head Office in Melbourne for assessment.
- You will be responsible for the costs associated with forwarding the product to Nintendo.
- Use adequate packing materials around the product to protect it from damage.
- Include your product, purchase receipt, with your name, complete address and daytime contact telephone number with a detailed explanation of the problem. Please do not include payment in advance, we will first need to assess your product.
- Address your product to:
804 Stud Road
Scoresby VIC 3179
- Please clearly mark full sender and receiver details on the outside of the packaging. We recommend that you forward the product via Registered Post. Please refer to Australia Post’s Terms and Conditions relating to postage before sending the product to Nintendo.
- Alternatively the store where you purchased the product may be able to forward to Nintendo on your behalf.
- Nintendo cannot be held responsible for products in transit and not in our possession.
Nintendo Repair Procedure
When Nintendo Australia receives the product for repair, it will undergo a complete assessment to determine the fault with the product. This assessment will include a full diagnostic test.
If the reported problem exists due to a manufacturing fault or defect and the product is accompanied by a valid purchase receipt and is less than twelve (12) months old we will repair or replace the product at no charge and return this to you.
We maintain a 10 working day in-house turn-around. A product repaired under warranty will be dispatched within this period of time.
If the product's warranty has become void or does not meet the conditions of the warranty, the charge for the repair/service will be advised by Nintendo Customer Service.
Payment for Repair
At Nintendo Australia we accept payment by VISA and MasterCard through Nintendo Customer Service. In those situations where credit cards are unavailable we may accept payment by cheque or money order.
Nintendo Customer Service
Phone: (03) 9730 9822, Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm (EST).
New Zealand customers
Please call: 0800 743 056, Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm, Australian Eastern Standard Time
Service Centre and Spare Parts
Original Nintendo Parts & Accessories can be purchased by contacting Nintendo Customer Service, or alternatively, visiting our parts & service centre, between the operating hours of 09:00am till 4:30pm, Monday to Friday.
Before sending your Nintendo product in for repair please:
- Read the above information
- Open the Nintendo Repair Request Form below
- Print form and fill in all required details
- Follow all instructions on the form
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I don't have proof of purchase?
Most Nintendo products are covered by a twelve month manufacturer's warranty. This warranty is not valid without the purchase receipt as proof of purchase. However, we can still offer to repair your product. You may return your Nintendo product to us as described and we can assess the cost for repairing your product for you. As above, the Appraisal Charge would apply and we would contact you with details for the cost of the repair.