TV and Audio/Video Settings
After you have completed all steps of the setup procedure and are ready to use the Wii system, you will need to set the appropriate 'AV, input, select' setting for your TV, VCR or other audio equipment.
- Turn ON the power for your TV and any audio equipment connected to your gameplay setup and the power on the Wii console.
- Select the correct input setting for your TV (see Input Select Information below).
- The Wii Menu should appear on the TV screen. See the Channel section of the Operations Manual for more information on this feature. If the Wii Menu screen does not appear, check to make sure your input setting is correct and review the Troubleshooting information by clicking here.
Input Select Information
The input select allows you to switch between the different inputs on your TV or VCR. Manufacturers of TVs and VCRs use different names and locations for 'input select'. The common names for the input select are: input, select, input select, line, line in, source, in, EXT, and AUX. Consult your TV or VCR instruction manual for details.
Locate the input select for the component that the Wii AV Cable is connected to (either the TV or VCR). The most common locations for input select are:
- A button on the front of the TV or VCR.
- A button on the remote control.
- A high-numbered or low numbered channel (92, 99, 00, or 02) on the TV or VCR.
- An on-screen menu selection.
- Insert the AV Multi Out plug on the Wii AV Cable into the AV Multi Out connector on the back of the console.
- Insert the RCA plugs on the Wii AV Cable into the input connectors on the TV, VCR or other audio equipment.
IMPORTANT: The Wii console will not work with any AV cable other than the model supplied with your Wii system or the component AV cable listed below.
NOTE: For higher quality video, you may purchase the Wii Component AV Cable (sold separately). Before purchasing, check to make sure your TV has component video inputs.