Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Software Update: May 18th 2017
A software update is now available that introduces new features and adjustments to enhance the overall experience. Please start the game while your Nintendo Switch console is connected to the internet to update the software. The software version after this update will be v1.1.0.
- Opponents' names can now be seen in the rear-view mirror view in online multiplayer
- The invincibility time after a spin-out or crash has been extended in online multiplayer
- When joining a friend's race online, now up to two players can wait and spectate
- When selecting Global or Regional in online multiplayer, the frequency of Mirror Mode and 200cc matches has been reduced
- Fixes an issue wherein it was not possible to create a room if you have 100 or more friends
- Animation of Inkling Girl has been modified
- Starting positions in online races now properly reflect the order in which players join.
- Fixes an issue wherein Mii drivers showed no facial expressions
- The Tournament clock now properly reflects real-world time.
- Introduces additional enhancements to improve the user’s experience and enjoyment
Downloading updates will not affect any of your saved data.
To download this content, additional storage may be needed. If you don’t have enough system storage in the Nintendo Switch console, please use a compatible microSD card (for more information, visit our Support section). You can check how much free space there is on your console's system memory or microSD card by opening System Settings from the HOME Menu and selecting Data Management.
You're about to leave nintendo.com.au
You are now leaving nintendo.com.au to an external web site. Nintendo Australia is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any external site.Continue to external site