Investigate dark crimes on the go or at home, with L.A. Noire on Nintendo Switch, including all original DLC and new features!
Amid the post-war boom of Hollywood’s Golden Age, newly-minted officer Cole Phelps embarks on a desperate search for truth in a city where everyone has something to hide.
Investigate crimes from the darker side of 1940s Hollywood at home or on the move with L.A. Noire for Nintendo Switch – including the complete original game plus all additional downloadable content!
L.A. Noire on Nintendo Switch features specific enhancements including a Joy-Con mode with gyroscopic, gesture-based controls, HD rumble and new wide and over-the-shoulder camera angles, plus contextual touchscreen controls for portable detective work.
L.A. Noire background
Rockstar Games’ critically acclaimed title, L.A. Noire, was recognised by the Tribeca Film Festival for its cinematic approach to gameplay and narrative.
The game pioneered the use of MotionScan, a revolutionary technology that captures and scans every nuance of a real actor’s facial performances, giving players the ability to read the finest details of a witness or suspect’s face during interrogations, enabling them to truly feel like a detective, using their own wits and instincts to separate truth from lies.
A dark, detective thriller set amongst the glitz, glamour and corruption of 1940s Los Angeles, L.A. Noire is the story of Cole Phelps, who after a traumatic time in the Pacific Theater of World War II has joined the L.A.P.D. as an idealistic beat cop.
As Phelps, players investigate an escalating series of cases inspired by real-world crimes. Each successfully solved case brings Phelps greater success, but also brings him closer to the dark criminal heart of post-war L.A.
L.A. Noire blends breathtaking action with true detective work for an unprecedented interactive experience.
L.A. Noire for Nintendo Switch allows you to undertake detective work at home or on the go!
L.A. Noire’s combination of investigation, interrogation and action make it an ideal game for Nintendo Switch’s tactile control and portability.
Specific enhancements include a Joy-Con mode with HD rumble and gyroscopic, gesture-based motion controls for manipulating evidence and camera angles, as well as contextual touch-based controls to examine crime scenes and more, all with the ability to solve cases in 1080p while docked at home, or in 720p while undocked on-the-go.
L.A. Noire for Nintendo Switch features the complete original game and all additional downloadable content, plus new collectibles and detective Outfits to unlock, each with unique special abilities.
New additions to L.A. Noire for Nintendo Switch include:
Joy-Con support with contextual gesture-based motion controls include:
- Camera/aiming, clue and object rotation, and brawling
Touch based controls:
- Pinch-to-zoom camera angles, notebook page swipes, double tap clue inspection with touch gestures for object rotation, and single tap-based movement to areas of interest
- Two cinematic camera angles: a mid cam ideal for surveying large crime scenes which allows for 20% wider view, and an over-the-shoulder cam as an additional player preference option
- In a change from the original game, interrogation options have been changed to better reflect the Phelps’ behaviours, with ‘Good Cop,’ ‘Bad Cop’ and ‘Accuse’ replacing the original options of ‘Truth,’ ‘Doubt’ and ‘Lie’.
Collectibles / Accomplishments
- Novels & Records
Four unlockable Outfits, each with unique special abilities alongside a new unlockable Patrol Outfit awarded once the Patrol desk is completed.
Please note: MicroSD card (sold separately) required to download the game; see Software Details for required free space. Insert MicroSD card before beginning the download. Minimum 60 MB/sec read speed required.
Check out some of the previews for L.A. Noire on Nintendo Switch...
“Without question, this is the L.A. Noire that you know and love, without any sacrifices made for portability.”
- “...the game is so far removed from anything else on Nintendo's hybrid machine that it comes as a refreshing change of pace from the colourful, kid-friendly characters that usually populate the console.”
- “…being able to play the game while on the go is an incredibly attractive prospect.”
- “Visually, the game looks as good as it did when it was first released, displaying at a clean and crisp 1080p resolution in docked mode and 720p in handheld mode.”
- “Everything from the streets you patrol to the clothes on the characters' backs has been meticulously crafted with a sense of period accuracy that is unrivalled in gaming to this day.”
- “We're happy to report that the Nintendo Switch version of L.A. Noire faithfully reproduces the game's astonishing facial animations without sacrificing anything”
- “From our brief time with the Nintendo Switch version of L.A. Noire, we came away very impressed with what Rockstar was able to achieve on the portable console”
- “Visually, the game is a knockout, already proving to be one of the best looking games on the console, and the gameplay is as engrossing as ever.”
“After getting 30 minutes of hands-on time with it recently, I’m happy to say it runs and feels brilliant on the hardware.”
- “The game looks absolutely gorgeous, even considering it’s been six years since it released.”
- “I was surprised at how great the game looked outside as well, especially considering the size of the Switch and its mobile processor.”
- “The game generally looks great”
- “A game like L.A. Noire is perfect for the daily commute or the long-haul flight, and even though I was playing on pre-release code it felt extremely smooth (for the most part), polished, and well-suited for the system. ”
- “L.A. Noire on Switch is something fans of open-world, story-focussed games should be looking forward to checking out.”
“Rockstar's crime drama deserves an encore, and Switch is a perfect fit.”
- “L.A. Noire feels like some kind of turning point for Nintendo Switch.”
- “Welcome back Rockstar Games, Nintendo has missed you.”
- “Something about the game’s sepia tones and detailed crime scenes just look particularly good up close and personal.”
- “...this feels like a perfect excuse to rediscover one of Rockstar's most intriguing experiments”
L.A. Noire for Nintendo Switch is available now in stores, and on Nintendo Switch eShop.
Nintendo Switch Parental Controls
Nintendo Switch is a fully-portable home console for the whole family.
The Nintendo Switch Parental Controls smart device app is a free smart device app which you can link with Nintendo Switch to easily monitor what and how your children are playing. If you do not have a smart device you can also set certain restrictions on Nintendo Switch directly.
Restrict certain games according to your child’s age, set a time limit for how long your child can play, and learn more about the kinds of games that your child is interested in.
Learn more about Nintendo Switch Parental Controls in the link below: