New Nintendo 2DS XL Support
- Aside from the provided microSD card, which third party microSD cards are compatible with the New Nintendo 2DS XL?
The New Nintendo 3DS XL is compatible with microSD cards up to 2 GB in size, and microSDHC cards of 4 GB and larger up to 32 GB in size. All other SD Card types are not considered compatible.
SDXC and microSDXC cards are not considered compatible.
- Is SDXC format supported?
No, SDXC format is not supported.
- What is the newly added function microSD Management used for?
By connecting your PC and New Nintendo 2DS XL system via the same a wireless network access point, you can copy music and other files from a PC to your system's microSD card, or copy photo data from your microSD card to a PC via a wireless network access point.
- Which PC environments are compatible with the microSD Management function?
This feature is confirmed to be compatible with Windows® 7 and Windows® 8.1.
*Windows is either a registered trademark or trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
- Is it possible to transfer only part of save data or software from a microSD card?
No, it is only possible to make a complete transfer of save data or software from a microSD card.
- How do I manage my microSD card contents using a PC?
Managing microSD card contents using your PC
By connecting your PC with your New Nintendo 2DS XL via a wireless access point, you can copy music from the PC onto the console's microSD card. You can also transfer or copy images from your New Nintendo 2DS XL system to your PC.
- Please note: You will need to connect your New Nintendo 2DS XL system and your PC to the same wireless network access point. Please check that the access point used for your PC matches the network found in your console's internet settings in "System Settings".
- A PC with Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 installed is required to use this function.
How to Set Up
Step 1 – On your New Nintendo 2DS XL
Go to System Settings> Data Management > microSD Management and select the access point you wish to connect to.
- You can select from saved access points in "System Settings".
Step 2 – On your New Nintendo 2DS XL
Set up your user name.
- This is the user name you will use when accessing the microSD card in your New Nintendo 2DS XL system from PC. This is NOT the user name of your new console.
- The default name is set as "User".
Step 3 – On your New Nintendo 2DS XL
Set up your password.
- This is the password you will use when accessing the microSD card in your New Nintendo 2DS XL system from your PC.
- An automated four digit number is set as the default.
Step 4 – On your New Nintendo 2DS XL
Set up the name of your New Nintendo 2DS XL system to appear on your PC.
- You will see "2DS-" followed by a four digit number. You can use the default number or enter a four digit number of your choice.
- Select "OK" to connect to the access point.
Step 5 – On your PC
Connect to the same access point as the one used with your new console.
Please refer to the instruction manual of your PC if necessary.
Step 6 – On your PC
Go to "Network".
1 – Open "Computer" from the Start menu
1- Right click the "Start" icon to open the menu and select "File Explorer"
2 – Open "Network" from the list on the left
2 – Open "Network" from the list on the left
Step 7 – On your PC
Double click the icon with the name of your New Nintendo 2DS XL system as set in Step 4.
- A log in screen will appear.
This may take a little time. Please refresh if required.
Step 8 – On your PC
Type the user name and the password as set in Steps 2 and 3.
- You should be able to see the data on the microSD card in the New Nintendo 2DS XL system. Copy or delete data as required between the New Nintendo 2DS XL system and your PC.
- To finish the connection with the PC, click "Finish" on the bottom screen to close "microSD Management".
- Please note: The connection will not be will not be lost by closing the window on your PC. The New Nintendo 2DS XL system will not go into sleep mode by closing.
Precautions for managing data with "microSD Management" function
- The "Nintendo 2DS XL" folder contains data for downloadable software and associated save data. It does not contain photo data.
- Do not attempt to adjust the data, move or delete the files, or change any file names within the "Nintendo 2DS XL" folder.
- You cannot use the "microSD Management" function for the data transfer to another microSD card. If you would like to transfer your data onto another microSD card, please remove from the console and use another microSD card reader/writer.
- In order to take the microSD card out of the slot, push first so it pops out. Pulling it out with force may result in damaging the microSD card slot.
- Interruption of the power source may result in damaged data, so please pay attention to the remaining battery of your PC and New Nintendo 2DS XL system. We recommend use of the AC Adapter during the use of "microSD Management" function.