Heroes of RuinVisit the official gamesite
Heroes of Ruin is a classic dungeon crawler, with some new surprises, available exclusively on Nintendo 3DS. This action RPG game from Square Enix and n-Space Inc. has been custom-made for Nintendo 3DS and allows you to adventure solo, or play locally and online for an electrifying multiplayer experience.
The war raged for tens of years until powerful leaders of men stepped forth from the fray, these Lords established a fragile peace, keeping the threat of disharmony in check. When Lord Atraxis, founder of the city of Nexus, is struck ill by a terrible curse, the precarious balance looks to shift back towards bloodshed. A call is sent out across the walled city, and the world, promising immeasurably grand rewards to any who can find a cure to the sickness.
Among the dens of the city, where the hirelings and sell-swords dwell, an offer like that is something to be carefully considered, and from the far corners of the world emerge four mercenaries to form an uneasy, and terrifically deadly, alliance. They will venture beyond the crumbling walls of the bastion city to the twisted world outside, fraught with danger and filled with strange creatures. These mercenary heroes will hunt down the evil behind the curse, and together, end it forever.
Your adventure takes you to the wild places of the world, where youíll come into contact with a diverse variety of creatures, with a range of fighting styles and skills. From elegant, evasive fencers, to full-on hulking brutes, your combat skills and tactical abilities will be pushed at every turn.
But to begin, you must choose from four distinct character types:
- Gunslinger - A reformed criminal with a particularly shady past. Donít ask too many questions about the enormous debt that he owes, or whom he owes. He fights evasively and commands the use of bombs and pistols.
- Vindicator - Fallen from grace in the eyes of his order, the Vindicator seeks redemption. He must make penance, desires only justice, and lays waste to his enemies with a mighty sword.
- Alchitect - Driven by the burning desire to take her place as the most powerful spell-caster in the land, this student of magic from a faraway academy utilises cunning, strategy and ruinously destructive spells.
- Savage - This enormous brute with bladed fists has been cast out from his tribe, and seeks power enough to return to his people in a blaze of irrefutable glory.
Once your character type is chosen, you can customise your appearance straight away for a personal touch. Over the course of your adventures your character will develop based on your individual choices - and your armour, fighting style, abilities and more will evolve to become entirely unique.
The world itself is a dynamic place, so youíll discover original layouts, new routes through the environment, and experience novel enemy encounters every time you play. You can venture forth solo or team up with friends as a party of up to four adventurers for drop-in/drop-out cooperative play, using the microphone to voice chat in real-time with your fellow mercenaries to devise strategies.
Heroes of Ruin takes advantage of the features of Nintendo 3DS to offer players, in addition to stereoscopic 3D visuals, a stream of exciting new content without them even having to lift a finger. SpotPass functionality will deliver exclusive challenges and content to your system, extending your adventure every day, whereas StreetPass allows you to trade items with other players as well as unlocking new weapons, armour and items on the go.
- Enter a dynamic world of adventure, combat, and new experiences, with Heroes of Ruin on Nintendo 3DS.
- Play on your own, or with a party of up to three friends locally or online
- Choose from four character classes and customise your appearance to make your character truly unique
- Custom-built for Nintendo 3DS, with stereoscopic 3D graphics, as well as SpotPass and StreetPass functionality
- Dynamic environments offer new layouts and experiences each time you play
The use of 3D mode on Nintendo 3DS is recommended for 7yrs +
You can only appreciate the 3D effect of Nintendo 3DS on the system itself. All screenshots and game footage on this site are captured in 2D mode.
For more information about the 3D features of Nintendo 3DS, please visit the official website at nintendo3ds.com.au
The player will show in this paragraph