Megaman ZX Advent
Developed as a title for Mega Man’s 20th anniversary, Mega Man ZX Advent is a fast-paced action game that follows two heroes, Grey and Ashe, on two separate but intertwining adventures as they search for answers amidst a chaotic war between humans and robots.
In Mega Man ZX Advent, the main characters discover the power of the mysterious “Biometal model A,” which on its own has several attacks, but also has a special Megamerge ability which allows the character to transform into one of eight “Pseudoroid” bosses that each have a unique set of abilities. Once a boss is defeated, players can emulate their powers to find hidden routes, discover rare items and aid their battles against more powerful enemies.
The title takes full advantage of the Nintendo DS features to enhance the action-packed gameplay and story line of the popular series. With a touch of the Nintendo DS screen, players can easily switch back and forth between the Biometal and Map navigation screens. Bosses can be fought in several different ways, testing players’ skills and rewarding them with nearly 24 different items depending on how they take on a boss. Further gameplay options are available as players explore and open up new areas of the map.
- Two playable characters – play as “Grey” or “Ashe”, each with unique abilities and individual, but linked storylines
- Two additional bonus characters – Vent and Aile from Mega Man®ZX are available and players can transform into their “Mega Man Model ZX” form
- Dynamic “Biometal” system allows players to transform into several forms – eight bosses, five Biometal forms and human
- Transformations use up the “Live metal gauge” so they must be used effectively
- “Area expansion” – explore and open up new areas with access to additional quests
- Condition Bonus – strategically beat bosses to obtain valuable rare items
- Touch screen allows players to instantly change forms and switch between subscreens
- Co-op and head-to-head two player wireless play (two cartridges required)
- Two-player downloadable mini-game (one cartridge required)
- Five unlockable mini-games in total