CORRECTION: Please note the information regarding how to purchase additional versions of Fire Emblem Fates has been corrected on 05/05/16
Choose from two distinct paths in Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright or Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest.
In Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright you are born into the royal family of Hoshido, but were kidnapped by Nohrians as a child. In this version of the game, you choose to return to your birth family. Can you end the battle with Nohr and protect the peace loving Hoshidans?
Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright offers a "classic" Fire Emblem experience. You'll gain ample gold and experience points as you play. If you're new to Fire Emblem, we suggest starting here.
In Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest you choose to stay with the Nohrian siblings you grew up with, but to whom you’re not related by birth. Can you and your siblings survive long enough to stop a war?
The Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest game offers a more challenging path, where your resources are limited. Test your strategy skills and enjoy a more complex experience.
In both games command warriors with expert precision and forge deep relationships to master this turn-based strategy game. For the first time ever, your customized avatar is the main hero. An army of knights, mages, archers and more are at your command in the most tactical battles in series history. Each unit and weapon has strengths and weaknesses you must consider for every foe you face. Partner allies on the battlefield so they can support each other in combat. Building relationships is key—the closer your allies become, the better they'll fight together. Their future is at your command, but first you must make the most important decision in the history of Fire Emblem.
- For the first time in the Fire Emblem™ series, your customized avatar is the main character (Prince or Princess of Hoshido Kingdom)
- Epic storyline centered on your avatar, forced to choose between bloodline and family who raised you.
- New "My Castle" area to interact with your allies and build stronger relationships
- Have StreetPass™ encounters with other players to visit their My Castle
- Tap in corresponding Fire Emblem amiibo™ figures and Marth, Ike, Lucina, and Robin will appear in your game, ready for you to battle and recruit
The third path—Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation—will bring a conclusion to the saga. In order to play Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation, you must own either the Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright or the Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest game. At the beginning of Chapter Six, select the Explore Fates option to purchase it.
There are three ways to begin your Fire Emblem Fates journey:
There are several sides to the story in Fire Emblem Fates, which can be explored in three unique story paths. Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright and Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest are available to purchase from launch, while Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation completes the saga and will be available to purchase as paid downloadable content from June 10th 2016.
1. Buy a physical copy of either Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright or Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest in store, and you can purchase the version you do not yet own as well as Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation (as paid downloadable content from June 10th 2016) in-game. At the beginning of Chapter Six, select the Explore Fates option to purchase it for AU$26 / NZ$ 34 each.
2. Purchase a digital copy of Fire Emblem Fates on Nintendo eShop. In this version, the story is the same until Chapter 6, where you need to decide on one path and download the remaining chapters. Select the Explore Fates option that appears at the beginning of Chapter 6 to purchase an alternative path for AU$26 / NZ$ 34 each.
3. Purchase the physical Fire Emblem: Fates Special Edition where all three versions of the game are included within one cartridge, available while stocks last. If you purchase this version you can access Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation before its digital release on June 10.