Overlord Dark Legend
Designed and developed exclusively for Wii, Overlord Dark Legend is a brand new action adventure steeped in fairy tale lore with sinister, satirical twists. Set in a time before the original game, players take the role of a new young Overlord. As he revels in command of the Minions, our trainee tyrant will be able to take his growing pains out on the local fairy tale inhabitants as he protects his castle and lands.
Connecting players to the game world in three dimensions, the use of the Wii Remote gives unprecedented control over the minions. For example, individual Minions can be plucked from the horde, held by the neck and then, by vigorously shaking the Wii Remote, throttled to imbue him with some Overlordly power and turn him into a manic minion missile. With a now-explosive body, the insane little critter can be guided into enemies with hilarious, if rather fatal, consequences.
Backed by a rich, tongue-in-cheek story from award-winning games author Rhianna Pratchett, the game features Overlord favourites including Halflings, trolls, elves, and dwarves and introduces wicked witches, gingerbread men and Lil' Red Riding Hood, the seeming sweet girl with a very personal lupine secret.
- Seize the Power: Donning the armour of the Overlord, players become commander-in-chief of a fighting, thieving and pillaging horde of crazed minions (with hundreds more waiting in reserve) - a force quite unlike any other. Send out your minions to crush rock giants, gnomes, halflings, elves, dwarves, peasants and more. Become a new Overlord, conquer realms and grow your castle from dilapidated ruins to glorious expression of your absolute power
- Pillage and destroy with the Wii Remote: Controlling the minions is slick and devastating, requiring a flick of the Wii Remote to send the raucous rabble into battle. Whether you're swishing the remote to sweep the horde into battle or pointing it to direct magic spells and fireballs at enemies, the Wii Remote becomes the perfect extension of the Overlord's despotic will.
- Throttle Your Minions: Individual Minions can be plucked from the horde, held by the neck and then, by vigorously shaking the Wii Remote, throttled! This stirs up the volatile lifeforce within them and they become a manic minion missile. With a now-explosive body, the insane little critter can be guided into enemies with hilarious, if rather fatal, consequences for both parties.
- A twisted fairy tale: With a rich, tongue-in-cheek story written by award-winning games author Rhianna Pratchett, this exclusive Overlord adventure for Wii tells a new and twisted fairy tale. The lead character is in a Cinderella scenario with his elder and rather unpleasant brother and sister. He is the forgotten child while his father is away, and his wicked twin siblings are plotting to take over the kingdom with their own perverse alliances with elves and dwarves. The story game also introduces wicked witches, gingerbread men and Lil' Red Riding Hood, the seeming sweet girl with a lupine side to her personality.
- Meet the Minions: The Brown Minions are the fighters and the strongest minions in general combat. Red Minions are fire throwers and act like archers by hurling blazing fireballs as a long range attack. Green Minions are the Assassins and love to use stealth attacks. Blue Minions are the smartest of the minions and have healing powers and can resurrect their fallen minion comrades and bring them back into the fight.